Prospective Resident FAQs
Yes. We require a written lease agreement on each of the properties that we manage. Our normal lease period is one year.
Yes. We require all our residents to pay the security deposit upon lease signing. In general, the security deposit will be equal to one month’s rent for a residential lease.
Yes. Each adult who intends to live in the rental property must complete and submit a rental application. The cost for processing the application is $25 per adult, with the exception of 58-12 Queens Blvd which is $50 per adult.
If we have an apartment available it will be listed on the availability page on our website. On that page will be the appropriate broker to contact to schedule a showing.
Ask the broker to email you an application after you have viewed the apartment and determined that you would like to proceed with the application process. Be ready to supply paystub information, bank statements, W2’s/1099’s, references, etc.
Applications generally take 24 to 48 hours to complete depending on the availability of your references. If you have not heard from us within 48 hours, please contact the broker.
Bell Realty takes a professional, friendly, detail-oriented approach to working with residents. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver exceptional service to the residents of our properties. We are attentive to your concerns and work to ensure that you have the best experience possible. Here are some additional reasons to choose Bell Realty:
- Our broker will work with you to ensure that we find you the apartment that is the perfect fit for you.
- We use licensed insured professionals.
- We are available 24 hours a day to handle emergency maintenance repairs.
- We provide a detailed website which provides multiple resources and references.
- Our Electronically Signed Lease is designed to protect both the Landlord and the Resident so that expectations are clearly addressed before moving into the property.
- Tenants have instant access to their account information on our Tenant Web Portal (click the link Resident Login on our website for immediate access). The Web Portal provides:
- Access to important documents such as leases
- The ability to pay rent online with a check or credit card and even set up recurring monthly payments
- Electronically sign Lease Renewals
- Check your balance and your payment history
- All deposits that are retained by us are kept in a FDIC insured bank in a designated account.
When you submit a rental application you are allowing us to perform a background search. We are attempting to determine the likelihood of your paying the rent on time, and whether you will take proper care of the property and fulfill your lease obligations. The three main factors we consider are your credit report, landlord/mortgage history, and your employment and income verification.
Check out the availability page on our website.