Our Procedure for Moving-In
Once a move-in date has been determined, be sure to notify both the Super and Bell Realty.
- If you are moving in to a building with an elevator, protective elevator pads must be put up prior to the start of your move. Alert the super in advance so that he can take care of this for you.
- If you are using a professional moving company we must obtain a copy of their Certificate of Liability and Worker’s Compensation. Have the company contact Bell Realty directly and we will advise them as to the proper language to put on the certificates.
- Moves in to the building should take place during normal business hours (9am to 5pm).
- Contact the Super or Landlord’s agent to obtain a full set of building keys.
- If you have not already done so, introduce yourself to the super and give him the best phone number to contact you in the case of an emergency.
- Contact electric and gas utilities to transfer utilities into your name.