Our Procedure for Moving-Out
Once a move out date has been determined, be sure to properly notify both the Super and Bell Realty. Bell Realty needs to be notified in writing.
- Upon vacating, the tenant should leave the apartment in a broom clean condition, removing all personal belongings and trash from the apartment, and making any minor repairs if needed. Please be sure to empty out all cabinets and closets. Please clean stove and empty and clean refrigerator/freezer.
- If the apartment was painted by the tenant, then the tenant should restore it to the original colors.
- If you are moving out from a building with an elevator, protective elevator pads must be put up prior to the start of your move. Alert the super in advance so that he can take care of this for you.
- If you are using a professional moving company we must obtain a copy of their Certificate of Liability and Worker’s Compensation. Have the company contact Bell Realty directly and we will advise them as to the proper language to put on the certificates.
- Moves out of the building should take place during normal business hours (9am to 5pm).
- Be sure to give the apartment, building and mailbox keys to the Super after you have moved out which signals that the apartment has been officially vacated. Also if applicable give the super your garage clicker and laundry card.
- No damage should be noted to the structure of building, public areas both interior and exterior including the elevator (if applicable) after the move has been completed or the security deposit, or a portion thereof, will be forfeited.